Girl's body found stabbed, beaten in trash bin
GRETNA, LA -- Authorities say they have arrested a man accused of killing a 6-year-old Louisiana girl whose body was found stabbed and beaten inside a trash bin.
Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand says Matthew Flugence was arrested Tuesday night in Westwego, just outside New Orleans.
Normand says the 20-year-old Flugence was carrying a knife when he was arrested but did not resist deputies.
Flugence faces a first-degree murder charge in the death of Ahlittia North. He also was wanted on a charge of sexual battery involving an 11-year old girl.
North disappeared late Friday night or early Saturday morning. Her body was found early Tuesday morning in a trash bin just feet from the apartment where she lived.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn 37 min ago
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts 27 min ago
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
- Mack Brown responds to reports of his resignation
- Beyonce fans line up outside Toyota Center
- Accused killer in custody after weeks on the run
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos