Queen Elizabeth II hopes Kate has baby soon
LONDON, England -- It seems Queen Elizabeth II is getting a bit impatient as she waits in a rare British heat wave for the birth of her third great-grandchild.
The queen said Wednesday she hopes the former Kate Middleton gives birth soon.
Asked by a schoolgirl at a public event whether she was hoping for a boy or a girl, the queen said, "I don't think I mind. I would very much like it to arrive. I'm going on holiday.
The queen is shortly expected to begin her annual summer holiday in Scotland.
Prince William and his wife are expecting the birth of their first child, who will be third in line to the throne. The baby is due in mid-July.
William and Kate say they do not know the baby's gender.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Parts of Astrodome demolished 3 min ago
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 18 min ago
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule 17 min ago
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys