Queen Elizabeth II hopes Kate has baby soon
LONDON, England -- It seems Queen Elizabeth II is getting a bit impatient as she waits in a rare British heat wave for the birth of her third great-grandchild.
The queen said Wednesday she hopes the former Kate Middleton gives birth soon.
Asked by a schoolgirl at a public event whether she was hoping for a boy or a girl, the queen said, "I don't think I mind. I would very much like it to arrive. I'm going on holiday.
The queen is shortly expected to begin her annual summer holiday in Scotland.
Prince William and his wife are expecting the birth of their first child, who will be third in line to the throne. The baby is due in mid-July.
William and Kate say they do not know the baby's gender.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill 47 min ago
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs 48 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
48 min ago