Queen Elizabeth II hopes Kate has baby soon
LONDON, England -- It seems Queen Elizabeth II is getting a bit impatient as she waits in a rare British heat wave for the birth of her third great-grandchild.
The queen said Wednesday she hopes the former Kate Middleton gives birth soon.
Asked by a schoolgirl at a public event whether she was hoping for a boy or a girl, the queen said, "I don't think I mind. I would very much like it to arrive. I'm going on holiday.
The queen is shortly expected to begin her annual summer holiday in Scotland.
Prince William and his wife are expecting the birth of their first child, who will be third in line to the throne. The baby is due in mid-July.
William and Kate say they do not know the baby's gender.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 58 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon