Mother's parents visit new royal baby boy
LONDON, England -- His grandmother says the new royal baby is "absolutely beautiful."
Carole Middleton and her husband Michael visited their daughter Kate and her new baby boy today at the London hospital where the baby was born yesterday. She said her daughter and grandson are "both doing really well," and that the grandparents are "so thrilled."
Kate and her husband, Prince William, are expected to remain at the hospital with their new son until this evening or tomorrow morning. For now, the appearance of the future king -- and his name -- remain a royal mystery. The boy may not be named for days or even weeks.
Meanwhile, tourists and well-wishers have gathered outside Buckingham Palace, taking pictures of the golden easel on which the birth announcement was displayed. One man who took a two-mile detour on his run to work said, "Yet again our royal family is bringing everyone together." He calls it a "great event."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
prince william, kate middleton, national/world
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot in Bellaire-area parking lot 22 min ago
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush 19 min ago
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
35 min ago