California college student who drank own urine after being forgotten in jail cell awarded $4.1 million
SAN DIEGO, CA (KTRK) -- A college student who had to drink his own urine after being forgotten in a cell will be paid $4.1 million.
Daniel Chong was left in a window-less cell by the Drug Enforcement Agency for more than four days. He had no food or water and carved a farewell message to his mother on his arm.
Chong had been arrested by a San Diego police officer during a drug raid, but the officer had told Chong he would not face charges and said he would be released quickly.
It's still not clear how he was forgotten for days.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Runoff to determine new Montgomery County judge 30 min ago
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos