Former Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards becomes dad again at 85
BATON ROUGE, LA -- Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards' wife, Trina, has given birth to a baby boy.
Edwin is 85 years old; his wife is 34.
A post on Trina Scott Edwards' Facebook page says the boy was born Thursday at 12:52 a.m.
Also on her Facebook page, it says the boy's name will probably be Eli Wallace, after her husband's father.
This will be the third child for Trina and the fifth for Edwin, but it's the couple's first together. They've been married for two years.
Edwin Edwards served four terms, ending in 1996. He married Trina shortly after his release from federal prison for his role in a bribery and extortion scheme.
A reality show about their life, "The Governor's Wife," was supposed to premier on A&E network in June but was delayed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- HPD: Homeless man shoots, kills armed burglar 38 min ago
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing husband's co-worker
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Stolen Snap-on truck found burning in NW Harris Co.
- SWAT scene underway in SW Houston 29 min ago
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US 35 min ago
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Casey Curry's Thursday weather forecast
41 min ago