Former Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards becomes dad again at 85
BATON ROUGE, LA -- Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards' wife, Trina, has given birth to a baby boy.
Edwin is 85 years old; his wife is 34.
A post on Trina Scott Edwards' Facebook page says the boy was born Thursday at 12:52 a.m.
Also on her Facebook page, it says the boy's name will probably be Eli Wallace, after her husband's father.
This will be the third child for Trina and the fifth for Edwin, but it's the couple's first together. They've been married for two years.
Edwin Edwards served four terms, ending in 1996. He married Trina shortly after his release from federal prison for his role in a bribery and extortion scheme.
A reality show about their life, "The Governor's Wife," was supposed to premier on A&E network in June but was delayed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad speaks out 6 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends!
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
21 min ago