Powerball jackpot at $400M after no weekend winner
DES MOINES, IA -- Dreamers hoping to strike it rich quick plunked down $2 a ticket hoping to win a Powerball jackpot estimated to be at least $300 million.
The winning numbers for Saturday's drawing were 21, 24, 36, 42, and 45, with the Powerball 15. There were no jackpot winners for Saturday's drawing.
The next drawing will be Wednesday, and the revised estimated jackpot is $400 million, well below the record $590.5 million jackpot that was won in May by an 84-year-old Florida widow.
Saturday's pot was big enough, though, to attract casual players who only buy tickets when they think the payoff is big and potentially life-changing.
The odds of matching all six numbers are 1 in 175.2 million.
Powerball is played in 43 states, Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
lottery, powerball, mega millions, national/world
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman 4 min ago
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school 28 min ago
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested