JOHNSTON, RI -- A 2-year-old boy kidnapped from a Rhode Island home where police made an early morning discovery of two bodies was found Sunday night "in good health," police said.
Johnston Deputy Police Chief Daniel Parrillo said the boy was found in Providence, but he would not provide any other details on the circumstances.
The search for the boy, Isaiah Perez, began after the two bodies were discovered about 5:20 a.m. at a home in Johnston, a town of 30,000 residents less than 10 miles from Providence. Two men were arrested in the double homicide and Isaiah's abduction, while police had continued their search "any place and every place" for the child, Parrillo said.
Parrillo said investigators believe the two were killed between 4:30 a.m. and 5 a.m. and the boy was taken from the home. The names of the two dead were not immediately released.
By the afternoon, Malcolm Crowell, 22, was arrested in Fall River, Mass., and Daniel Rodriguez, 27 or 28, was arrested that evening in Providence, Parrillo said. Both suspects are from Providence, but Parillo would not say why police suspect the two or how they are related to each other or to the victims.
Investigators were working to determine the relationships among the boy, his abductor and the two homicide victims. Parrillo said it was unclear whether the boy's abductor was living in the home, was a guest or was uninvited.
"What he was doing there, we have no idea," Parrillo said earlier in the day. "We don't believe the child was harmed, and we're just hoping that he will be safely returned."
When the boy went missing, a nationwide Amber Alert was issued that identified the child and also named Crowell as a suspect.
Massachusetts State Police spokesman Dave Procopio initially said Crowell was captured in Fall River. But Procopio later backtracked and would only say he was told the man in custody wasn't involved in the child's disappearance. Parrillo said Sunday evening that he couldn't explain the confusion among Massachusetts State Police surrounding Crowell's status as a suspect.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
national/world
- Washateria shootout leaves one suspect dead
- Battle between Houston mayoral candidates begins
- Woman claims to be mother of abandoned baby
- Two women dead in Montrose area apartment
- Pastor accused of molesting 8-year-old girl
- Judge OKs most evidence in kidnapping, murder trial
- Suspects sought in string of 'acid bomb' incidents
- Reserve deputy arrested after traffic stop in Conroe
- 'New Dome Experience' to go to voters
- Look back at Harris County's building projects
- Berry, Garner push for paparazzi bill
- otrc: Lady Gaga releases new single early
- abcnews: 'Guardian angel' from accident identified
- Video: New waterproofing product put to the test
abc13.com News Links
-
Most Popular
-
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos
- abc13.com home
- Site Map
- RSS
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help
- ABC.com
- ABCNews.com
- Privacy Policy
- Interest-Based Ads
- Safety Information for this site
- Terms of Use
- Copyright ©2013 ABC Inc., KTRK-TV/DT Houston, TX. All Rights Reserved.





