Woman killed after being hit by parks vehicle
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Authorities say a woman who was lying with her daughter in a San Francisco park was run over by a maintenance vehicle and died later at a hospital.
The driver apparently fled the scene, but was later detained and questioned. Police found the green San Francisco Recreation and Parks' vehicle not too far from Holly Park in the city's Bernal Heights neighborhood.
Authorities say the woman and her daughter were under some trees when the vehicle struck her shortly after 2 p.m. on Thursday.
Fire department spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge says the woman was taken to San Francisco General Hospital where she was pronounced dead from her injuries.
The name of the woman hasn't been released. Her daughter was unharmed.
Police spokeswoman Tracy Turner says the department's hit-and-run unit is investigating the incident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller
- Katy ISD student reportedly abducted from campus
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Video: Cabbies compete for ride business
- Video: Pope Francis stirs up a little controversy
- Man wants to remove 'murder' tattoo before murder trial
- Club's opening night ends in deadly gunfire
- Boy, 9, sang gospel until abductor released him
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.