Woman killed after being hit by parks vehicle
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Authorities say a woman who was lying with her daughter in a San Francisco park was run over by a maintenance vehicle and died later at a hospital.
The driver apparently fled the scene, but was later detained and questioned. Police found the green San Francisco Recreation and Parks' vehicle not too far from Holly Park in the city's Bernal Heights neighborhood.
Authorities say the woman and her daughter were under some trees when the vehicle struck her shortly after 2 p.m. on Thursday.
Fire department spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge says the woman was taken to San Francisco General Hospital where she was pronounced dead from her injuries.
The name of the woman hasn't been released. Her daughter was unharmed.
Police spokeswoman Tracy Turner says the department's hit-and-run unit is investigating the incident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911 47 min ago
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder 10 min ago
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man