Starbucks giving free coffee to those who pay it forward
WASHINGTON (KTRK) -- Want a free cup of Starbucks coffee? The chain is asking you to pay it forward!
From today through Friday, if you buy a drink for someone else, you can get a tall brewed coffee for free.
Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz says he launched the "pay it forward" campaign because the government shutdown has put us in a period of uncertainty.
Schultz said in a memo to staff that the offer is a way to help fellow citizens "support and connect with one another, even as we wait for our elected officials to do the same for our country."
A retail analyst says the offer won't likely do much to change attitudes in Washington but could make for great marketing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire