Starbucks giving free coffee to those who pay it forward
WASHINGTON (KTRK) -- Want a free cup of Starbucks coffee? The chain is asking you to pay it forward!
From today through Friday, if you buy a drink for someone else, you can get a tall brewed coffee for free.
Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz says he launched the "pay it forward" campaign because the government shutdown has put us in a period of uncertainty.
Schultz said in a memo to staff that the offer is a way to help fellow citizens "support and connect with one another, even as we wait for our elected officials to do the same for our country."
A retail analyst says the offer won't likely do much to change attitudes in Washington but could make for great marketing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 22 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston 17 min ago
- Suspects pose as officers when breaking into SE Houston home 6 min ago
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button? 23 min ago
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race