Blind man beaten on camera in Philadelphia while bystanders watch
What would you do if you saw someone being attacked on the street? A blind man was beaten last week in Philadelphia while bystanders watched, and the whole thing was caught on camera.
Police want to know what prompted the attack and why no one stepped in to help.
According to CNN, authorities identified the suspect as Mustafa Guyton, a man who lives near the intersection where that beating took place.
Police say the victim, 33, was walking down the block when the suspect approached him. The camera panned away, but you can see in the next shot the suspect kicking the victim and stomping on him.
No motive has been released. After the attack, the suspect picked up a backpack and walked away.
Three people were seen on the surveillance footage walking by and seemingly doing nothing.
Guyton remains at large. Police hope the surveillance video and photo of the suspect will help them track him down.
CNN contributed to this report.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl 18 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- One dead in auto-pedestrian wreck on south side of town 34 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston 10 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians