Paddleboarder's video captures close encounter with shark
MANHATTAN BEACH, CA (KTRK) -- Scary video out of California. A paddleboarder went looking for sharks and found them swimming right underneath his board, even bumping it.
Mike Durand says he heard two large sharks were spotted off the coast of Manhattan Beach, so he went to check it out. Watch the video here to see it from his perspective.
The sharks are believed to be juvenile great whites, measuring upwards of seven feet long.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies 45 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game