Two movie chains propose 'texting aisle' for movie fans
At least two movie theater chains are said to be testing out 'texting rows' where you play on your smartphone while watching the latest blockbuster.
A report in the Sunday Times of London says AMC and Regal Cinemas are working on a solution for those people who just can't put their phones away for two hours. Both chains are said to be testing 'texting rows.'
The aisle would be in the back of the theater, so those glowing screens don't distract others. While sitting there, you'd be able to use your smartphone as much as you want during the movie, so long as you keep it on silent and don't record anything.
So what do you think? Would you like to see a 'texting only' row at your theater? Do you think theaters should simply toss out people who are caught on their phones during the movie? Let us know by joining the conversation on our Facebook page.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos