Two movie chains propose 'texting aisle' for movie fans
At least two movie theater chains are said to be testing out 'texting rows' where you play on your smartphone while watching the latest blockbuster.
A report in the Sunday Times of London says AMC and Regal Cinemas are working on a solution for those people who just can't put their phones away for two hours. Both chains are said to be testing 'texting rows.'
The aisle would be in the back of the theater, so those glowing screens don't distract others. While sitting there, you'd be able to use your smartphone as much as you want during the movie, so long as you keep it on silent and don't record anything.
So what do you think? Would you like to see a 'texting only' row at your theater? Do you think theaters should simply toss out people who are caught on their phones during the movie? Let us know by joining the conversation on our Facebook page.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 38 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student 17 min ago
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 25 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico