Hooters waitress says she was fired over her hair
BALTIMORE, MD (KTRK) -- A Baltimore woman is filing suit against Hooters, saying she was fired after putting blonde highlights in her hair, according to a Baltimore television station. She's now filed a discrimination suit.
WMAR reports Farryn Johnson says management told her to change it, but she said she couldn't afford to on her already-stretched budget. She was then reportedly fired for 'improper image.'
"I didn't see that it would be a big issue just because there were a lot of other employees working at the restaurant of other races with color in their hair," Johnson told WMAR. "For instance, there were Asian girls with red hair and Caucasian girls with black hair and blond streaks, so I didn't think it would be an issue for the little piece of blond highlight in my hair."
When asked, Hooters said it will not comment on pending litigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'