Hooters waitress says she was fired over her hair
BALTIMORE, MD (KTRK) -- A Baltimore woman is filing suit against Hooters, saying she was fired after putting blonde highlights in her hair, according to a Baltimore television station. She's now filed a discrimination suit.
WMAR reports Farryn Johnson says management told her to change it, but she said she couldn't afford to on her already-stretched budget. She was then reportedly fired for 'improper image.'
"I didn't see that it would be a big issue just because there were a lot of other employees working at the restaurant of other races with color in their hair," Johnson told WMAR. "For instance, there were Asian girls with red hair and Caucasian girls with black hair and blond streaks, so I didn't think it would be an issue for the little piece of blond highlight in my hair."
When asked, Hooters said it will not comment on pending litigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death 6 min ago
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay 9 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Travis Herzog's Wednesday weather forecast
15 min ago