Hooters waitress says she was fired over her hair
BALTIMORE, MD (KTRK) -- A Baltimore woman is filing suit against Hooters, saying she was fired after putting blonde highlights in her hair, according to a Baltimore television station. She's now filed a discrimination suit.
WMAR reports Farryn Johnson says management told her to change it, but she said she couldn't afford to on her already-stretched budget. She was then reportedly fired for 'improper image.'
"I didn't see that it would be a big issue just because there were a lot of other employees working at the restaurant of other races with color in their hair," Johnson told WMAR. "For instance, there were Asian girls with red hair and Caucasian girls with black hair and blond streaks, so I didn't think it would be an issue for the little piece of blond highlight in my hair."
When asked, Hooters said it will not comment on pending litigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico 7 min ago
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest