Air Force Academy may drop 'God' from oath
The Air Force Academy could remove the words 'so help me God' from its honor oath, according to the Air Force Times.
The "Freedom from Religion" foundation says forcing all cadets to swear an oath to God violates the constitution.
The phrase has been part of the honor code since the school was founded in the 50s. However, the school only started requiring students to swear an honor code oath after 1984, when19 seniors were caught cheating on an exam.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 58 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 55 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant