Air Force Academy may drop 'God' from oath
The Air Force Academy could remove the words 'so help me God' from its honor oath, according to the Air Force Times.
The "Freedom from Religion" foundation says forcing all cadets to swear an oath to God violates the constitution.
The phrase has been part of the honor code since the school was founded in the 50s. However, the school only started requiring students to swear an honor code oath after 1984, when19 seniors were caught cheating on an exam.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 50 min ago
- Ice stalls sections of I-35 in North Texas 42 min ago
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall 39 min ago
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow
- Cold, damp weather to continue
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats