Ohio man claims hospital worked his wife to death
CINCINNATI, OH (KTRK) -- An Ohio man is suing the hospital at which his wife worked after she was killed in a car accident.
According to Cincinnati TV station WLWT, Beth Jasper, a nurse, fell asleep behind the wheel after working a 12-hour shift. The vehicle she was driving crashed and she was killed.
Her husband, Jim Jasper, filed suit against Jewish Hospital, claiming his wife had to work exhausting hours because of cutbacks to nursing staff by the hospital.
Now a court will determine whether or not Jasper was simply killed in a wreck or worked to death.
WLWT reports that Mercy, which owns Jewish Hospital, released a statement saying, "Our hearts go out to the family. We do not comment on pending litigation."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 26 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 53 min ago
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects