Legal prostitutes excited by Obamacare
CARSON CITY, NV (KTRK) -- It turns out members of the world's oldest profession are also some of the biggest supporters of Obamacare.
Many people trying to buy health insurance on Healthcare.gov have been frustrated by the malfunctioning website. But prostitutes, who can work legally in Nevada, are excited about the plan. That's because this is the first time they have been able to get coverage at all.
"Everything changes in January," said Taylor Lee, a brothel employee. "I'm very excited that this opportunity is around for everyone."
"I think it's 'Hookers for Obama' because they appreciate what he's done and Obamacare works for them," said Dennis Hof, owner of the Bunny Ranch.
The owner of the Bunny Ranch says under the new rules he will also have to pay a share of health insurance coverage for the 150 employees who are not "working girls."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos