DC police trying to determine who shot Santa
WASHINGTON DC (KTRK) -- Police still don't know who shot a Santa in the back with a pellet gun in Washington DC.
Xavier Hawkins was walking on Christmas Eve, handing out toys to children, something he's done for the last seven years. This year, when he was doing it, someone shot him.
"I got shot kind of right in there somewhere, right here and I felt the burning sensation," he said, motioning ot his back. "I think they were targeting Santa directly."
"I got mad though. I didn't want to go to the hospital," said Hawkins.
Hawkins says he will return to give out gifts next year. Residents in the high crime neighborhood recommended he wear a bulletproof vest.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman 24 min ago
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school 19 min ago
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested