Police arrest suspect in California priest killing
EUREKA, CA -- Authorities say a suspect has been arrested in the killing of a respected priest who was found dead in a church rectory in Northern California.
A statement released by Eureka police says 43-year-old Gary Lee Bullock of Redway was taken into custody on Thursday by Humboldt County deputies in the killing of the Rev. Eric Freed.
Bullock had been name in an arrest warrant. The statement says he had been in and out of police custody in the hours before Freed died.
Officials are still seeking a motive in the killing,
Freed's body was found Wednesday in the St. Bernard Church rectory after he failed to show up for morning Mass.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company 9 min ago
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 34 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?
- David Tillman's weather forecast
14 min ago