Woman found in suitcase at Arizona border crossing
NOGALES, AZ -- Authorities say a smuggling attempt at the U.S.-Mexico border was thwarted when inspectors found a woman from Thailand inside a suitcase.
Customs and Border Protection agents discovered 48-year-old Pornkamol Mongkolsermsak while inspecting a Honda SUV entering the United States on Dec. 30 in Nogales, Ariz.
Mongkolsermsak, from Bangkok, was hidden under clothing in the large suitcase in the back of the vehicle driven by a 56-year-old Phoenix man, whose name hasn't been released.
Customs and Border Protection spokesman Victor Brabble said Tuesday that Mongkolsermsak was being charged with re-entry after deportation.
Authorities didn't immediately know if she has a lawyer yet.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston