Mom, 2 toddlers fatally stabbed in NYC apartment
NEW YORK -- Police on Monday were looking for a man wanted after the stabbing deaths of his two young daughters and their mother in their home.
The bodies of 1-year-old Yaslin Mejia and 2-year-old Daniela Mejia and their mother, 21-year-old Deisy Garcia, were discovered in a bedroom of their Queens apartment by other household members on Sunday night. They had been stabbed multiple times in their chests.
The girls' father, 28-year-old Miguel Mejia-Ramos, is considered a suspect in the case, police said. He's known to drive a white 2001 Chevrolet commercial van and a white Dodge Suburban, they said.
Members of Garcia's nearby church said she and her daughters were from Guatemala. They described her as a devoted mother who often danced at the church. They said they were surprised when she didn't show up for service on Sunday.
Paramedics were called to the apartment, located over a pharmacy in the Jamaica section, at about 7 p.m. Sunday.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home