Dolphins steal the show at Santa Barbara, California surf competition
SANTA BARBARA, CA -- Everybody won at a surf competition in Santa Barbara, California this weekend when a pod of dolphins joined in the fun.
They hit the waves alongside the surfers at the Rincon Classic.
Dolphins are common in the area, although it's rare to see them so actively joining in with surfers.
It wasn't just a couple either; there were about a dozen dolphins cruising the waves.
The crowd cheered them on as competitors watched on in awe.
This story was first reported by KGO-TV, KTRK-TV's sister station in San Francisco.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony 22 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom 4 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone