Dead newborn found wrapped in plastic bag; California teen facing murder charges
MADERA, CA (KTRK) -- A California teenager sits behind bars, facing murder charges after deputies reportedly found her newborn wrapped in a plastic bag and stuffed in a cabinet below the bathroom sink inside a home in Madera.
According to ABC30 Action News in Fresno, the 17-year old mother went to a hospital last week with postpartum bleeding, but she denied ever giving birth.
Authorities reportedly got permission to search the girl's home, where they found the baby. The teen then admitted that she gave birth that morning, but insisted her baby was dead when she delivered it, ABC30 reports.
According to reports, autopsy results show the baby was alive when she was born and then murdered. The cause of death is not being released at this time.
Bail was set at $1 million.
Get more on this story from our sister station, KFSN-TV.
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 57 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged 1 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 30 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal