Unruly passenger grounds Tokyo-to-JFK flight in Alaska
NEW YORK (KTRK) -- A Tokyo-to-JFK flight was diverted and made an unscheduled emergency landing in Alaska early Monday due to an unruly passenger.
ABC7 New York reports that the All Nippon Boeing 777 landed safely, and the passenger was taken into custody around 4:30am.
The passenger was reportedly screaming and banging on seats before being restrained by the flight crew.
Per normal procedure, the local branch of the FBI was called to interview the person and determine any other steps.
Get more on this story from our sister station, WABC-TV.
new york city, jfk international airport, plane emergency, national/world
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged 14 min ago
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 37 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her 33 min ago
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan 3 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty 53 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos