Pregnant woman killed by snow plow in Brooklyn; Baby survives
BROOKLYN, NY (KTRK) -- A snow plow struck and killed a pregnant woman in Brooklyn yesterday, but her baby was delivered and survived.
According to ABC7 New York, the 36-year-old woman was struck in front of a grocery store and then rushed to an area hospital where she died. Officials say she was eight months pregnant.
Her baby boy was delivered through emergency caesarian section and is expected to survive, ABC7 reports.
The hospital released the following statement:
"A baby boy, nearly full-term, was delivered by emergency c-section. He weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and is in critical condition in our NICU".
No charges have been filed against the operator of the snow plow. He appears to be employed by the supermarket.
Get more on this story from our sister station, WABC-TV.
new york city, national/world
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 11 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire 57 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin 25 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged
- Toddler uses Facetime to get help for mom
- Ukraine PM: Won't give up 'single centimeter'
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver