Snow footprints lead to arrest of burglary suspects
NEW CASTLE, DE -- State police say footprints in the snow led them to two men suspected of stealing cartons of cigarettes from at least three businesses.
Thirty-seven-year-old Brian Matthews and 22-year-old Marquise Thomas were arrested early Friday morning following a burglary at a Shell gas station in New Castle.
Police believe the men broke the glass of the front door and stole several cartons of cigarettes and other tobacco products.
Troopers followed footprints in the snow to a home nearby where the men were interviewed and arrested.
Police say Matthews and Thomas have been linked to four similar burglaries, including two others at the same gas station that occurred over the past two weeks.
Police say the stolen tobacco products are valued at $14,000.
burglary, delaware news, national/world
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home 9 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Home used in 'The Kardashians' for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy 8 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah 41 min ago
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home 5 min ago
- Fortune cookie lottery numbers scores NY woman a fortune 29 min ago
- Men sold Oreo trade secret to China 59 min ago
- Thousands of trees will be planted in Memorial Park today 41 min ago
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos