Sinkhole swallows Portland woman and her dog
A Portland, Oregon, woman and her dog fell into a 20-foot-deep sinkhole last night.
Officials say the woman, who is in her 30s, fell while searching for her dog in the dark, CNN reports. The small poodle mix apparently fell into the hole earlier.
A passerby heard the woman screaming for help and called 911.
Fire crews used rope and ground ladders to rescue both of them. Fire officials at the scene were reportedly amazed that both escaped unhurt.
It is not clear how the sinkhole formed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico 15 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038