Pink man's lost bet turns into charity for sick children in Maine
PORTLAND, ME (KTRK) -- He lost a Super Bowl bet. And that loss was a big win for sick children.
Steve Betters, a combat veteran, sure stands out these days. That's because he picked Denver to beat Seattle in the big game and as we know, that didn't happen.
For losing, Betters had to dye his hair and beard pink. He did and got a lot of attention for it. That's when he had the idea to turn his bold new look into something great.
He posted a photo of himself on Facebook, along with a pledge.
"If I get 500 likes, I will donate $500 to the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital," he said. "If it goes viral -- which I had no intention that it was gonna do -- for a thousand likes, I would donate $1,000."
Well, the photo has gotten well over 1,000 likes and many people posted comments issuing their own challenges to raise money for the hospital.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged 28 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 21 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal