Woman's ashes stolen in New Jersey burglary
WEST WINDSOR, NJ (KTRK) -- Police are looking for the burglars who broke into a West Windsor, New Jersey, home and stole a number of items, including a woman's ashes.
6ABC Action News in Philadelphia reports that Arthur Robinson, 78, came home after visiting with his grandchildren to find that his home had been burglarized.
Several wooden boxes were swiped from the master bedroom, including one in a green velvet drawstring bag.
That box contained the ashes of Arthur's wife, Nancy, who died of cancer in 2009, Action News reports.
Police said the thieves likely had no clue what they were stealing.
The Robinsons were married for 50 years before she died, and they had three sons and 12 grandchildren.
Police are urging the burglars to return the ashes, "no questions asked," Action News reports. There is also a $1,000 reward.
Get more on this story from our sister station, WPVI-TV.
new jersey news, mercer county news, burglary, national/world
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'