Charges filed in crash that killed Georgia newlywed bride
CANTON, GA -- A Georgia man is facing charges in a crash that killed his newlywed wife as they were driving back from their wedding reception.
Georgia State Patrol officials say 28-year-old Ryan Quinton is charged with driving under the influence, vehicular homicide, reckless driving and failure to maintain lane in the Dec. 29 crash that killed 25-year-old Kali Dobson. Authorities say Quinton's blood-alcohol level was 0.114. Georgia's legal limit is .08 percent.
Cherokee County sheriff's Lt. Jay Baker says Quinton was released from jail on $25,000 bond Wednesday night.
Officials have said Quinton was trying to avoid hitting a dog and Dobson was ejected from the vehicle when it veered off the road.
It's unclear if Quinton has an attorney and a message left at a number listed for him wasn't immediately returned.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Home used in 'The Kardashians' for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy 14 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah 15 min ago
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Fortune cookie lottery numbers scores NY woman a fortune 3 min ago
- Men sold Oreo trade secret to China 33 min ago
- Thousands of trees will be planted in Memorial Park today 15 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos