White brings new governor campaign to San Antonio
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- Houston Mayor Bill White says he will bring integrity to Austin if elected Texas governor.White returned to his hometown of San Antonio on Monday in one of his first campaign stops since announcing last week that he was abandoning his U.S. Senate campaign to run for governor.
The Democrat is the party's strongest gubernatorial candidate heading into next year's election. U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison called White a credible candidate Monday after the Republican formally filed her candidate paperwork.
White saved his barbs for Gov. Rick Perry at his sparsely attended event, hitting on the state's high school graduation rates and rising college tuition.
bill white, politics
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course