Voters apparently approve Katy ISD bond referendum
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- In Katy ISD, a $459 million bond referendum was on the ballot.
With 94 percent of precincts reporting, it looks like the voters approved the plan that will help pay to build 5 new schools and make repairs to some existing facilities.
Passage means that the current tax rate of 40 cents would increase a penny next year.
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 19 min ago
- Helping military families, one child at a time 47 min ago
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display 16 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings 37 min ago
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- David Tillman's weather forecast
37 min ago