Voters apparently approve Katy ISD bond referendum
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- In Katy ISD, a $459 million bond referendum was on the ballot.
With 94 percent of precincts reporting, it looks like the voters approved the plan that will help pay to build 5 new schools and make repairs to some existing facilities.
Passage means that the current tax rate of 40 cents would increase a penny next year.
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake' 28 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today 31 min ago
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Farmers' market fire in China's Shenzhen kills 16 54 min ago
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- David Tillman's Wednesday weather forecast
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos