Voters apparently approve Katy ISD bond referendum
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- In Katy ISD, a $459 million bond referendum was on the ballot.
With 94 percent of precincts reporting, it looks like the voters approved the plan that will help pay to build 5 new schools and make repairs to some existing facilities.
Passage means that the current tax rate of 40 cents would increase a penny next year.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at toddler 2 min ago
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus