Texas governor to address Alabama GOP
BIRMINGHAM, AL -- A governor who is getting encouraged to consider the presidential race will be the speaker for the Alabama Republican Party's summer fundraising dinner.
Party Chairman Bill Armistead says Texas Gov. Rick Perry will speak at the dinner Aug. 12 in Birmingham.
Armistead says the three-term governor is a standout in the group being mentioned as possible presidential candidates. He said Alabama will attract more national Republican leaders because of the state's early presidential primary in March 2012.
alabama, texas, rick perry, politics
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold 21 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child 3 min ago
- Harris Co. GOP sues Houston over same-sex benefits
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Suit: Fire risk known before ship sailed from Galveston 3 min ago
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 15 min ago
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Houston hotel displays half-ton chocolate Santa 33 min ago
- 800 firefighters battle late fall fire in Big Sur 43 min ago
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final
- DA tries again to put 'affluenza' teen behind bars
- Tougher new rules for game rooms