NJ politician resigns after nude photos appear on web
TRENTON, NJ -- A New Jersey politician who emailed a woman nude photos of himself that were posted on a GOP activist's website says he will resign.In a statement emailed Tuesday to The Associated Press, Cumberland County freeholder Louis Magazzu (MAG'-uh-zoo) apologized to his friends, family and constituents.
The 53-year-old Democrat says he sent the photos to a woman with whom he corresponded online for several years. He says she requested the photos and that he didn't know she was "working with an avowed political enemy."
Magazzu says he's been separated from his wife for about two years. He says he's weighing his legal options.
The pictures appear to show Magazzu standing naked in front of a mirror photographing himself.
new jersey, politics
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing