AP Source: Perry schedules trip to Iowa
DES MOINES, IA -- A day after his likely rivals compete in an Iowa straw poll, Texas Gov. Rick Perry is set to speak in this lead-off caucus state as he considers a White House bid of his own.
A Republican official familiar with Perry's plans said Tuesday that he will speak to Sunday's Black Hawk County Republicans' fundraising dinner in Waterloo. It will be his first visit to Iowa as a potential presidential contender.
The official disclosed Perry's plans on the condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to announce them.
As his likely rivals compete on Saturday in Ames' straw poll, Perry will speak in South Carolina, which has the first Southern primary. Perry has not officially joined the race.
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer