Ann Romney tweets retort on never-worked charge
WASHINGTON -- A Democrat's swipe at Ann Romney is sparking bipartisan objections.
Consultant Hilary Rosen is suggesting the wife of wealthy presidential candidate Mitt shouldn't be talking about women and the economy. Rosen said on CNN late Wednesday that Ann Romney "never worked a day in her life."
Romney fired back on Twitter that she chose to stay home and raise five boys. "Believe me, it was hard work," she tweeted.
Sensitive to women voters, President Barack Obama's advisors defended Romney. But Rosen refused to back off.
The spat is part of the parties' battle for support from women, the majority of voters and a group that leans heavily toward Democrats. Ann Romney has been outspoken on how the economy has affected this group during Obama's presidency.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 10 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today