Top Texas GOP Senate candidates to debate
AUSTIN, TX -- The top four Republican candidates for the U.S. Senate prepared for their first televised debate Friday night. But a minor controversy has arisen as one candidate has been accused of trying to rig one of the questions.
During the Friday night debate in Dallas, the candidates will ask each other questions. Former Texas Solicitor General Ted Cruz send a text message to former ESPN commentator Craig James suggested he ask Cruz about Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst's record.
James and Dewhurst denounced Cruz for trying to rig the debate. Cruz said he has consistently challenged Dewhurst's record on the campaign trail.
Dewhurst is the perceived front-runner ahead of the May 29 primary election. The other top candidates hope to face him in a July 31 run-off.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane 14 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV 25 min ago
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder 42 min ago
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW 17 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat