Top Texas GOP Senate candidates to debate
AUSTIN, TX -- The top four Republican candidates for the U.S. Senate prepared for their first televised debate Friday night. But a minor controversy has arisen as one candidate has been accused of trying to rig one of the questions.
During the Friday night debate in Dallas, the candidates will ask each other questions. Former Texas Solicitor General Ted Cruz send a text message to former ESPN commentator Craig James suggested he ask Cruz about Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst's record.
James and Dewhurst denounced Cruz for trying to rig the debate. Cruz said he has consistently challenged Dewhurst's record on the campaign trail.
Dewhurst is the perceived front-runner ahead of the May 29 primary election. The other top candidates hope to face him in a July 31 run-off.
- Traffic headache remains near La Porte
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed
- Investigators want new probe of 1996 TWA crash
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Live: Officials discuss proposals for future of... 18 min ago
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico 7 min ago
- Dickinson police asking for help to find missing man
- Don't they like the way he looks?
- Cypress teen Danielle Bradbery wins 'The Voice' 47 min ago
- Fed suggests it's closer to slowing bond purchases 57 min ago
- Texas tops US in number of lost, stolen firearms
- Feds: Men tried to make X-ray weapon 56 min ago
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos