Top Texas GOP Senate candidates to debate
AUSTIN, TX -- The top four Republican candidates for the U.S. Senate prepared for their first televised debate Friday night. But a minor controversy has arisen as one candidate has been accused of trying to rig one of the questions.
During the Friday night debate in Dallas, the candidates will ask each other questions. Former Texas Solicitor General Ted Cruz send a text message to former ESPN commentator Craig James suggested he ask Cruz about Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst's record.
James and Dewhurst denounced Cruz for trying to rig the debate. Cruz said he has consistently challenged Dewhurst's record on the campaign trail.
Dewhurst is the perceived front-runner ahead of the May 29 primary election. The other top candidates hope to face him in a July 31 run-off.
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death 37 min ago
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown 13 min ago
- Thieves get away with $100,000 in loot 28 min ago
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces 12 min ago
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- Texas AG sues to get Galveston Co. judge off bench 31 min ago
- Overturned big rig causing rush hour problems on 288
- Jodi Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake 48 min ago
- Child at center of Amber Alert found safe 48 min ago
- Baby found in trash bag can have new parents
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
- Ancient Egyptian exhibit to expand in Houston
41 min ago