RNC chairman: Obama has not kept promises
TAMPA, FL -- Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus says his party needs to remind voters that President Barack Obama has not kept his promise to improve the nation's economy.
Preibus says Obama does a good job of giving speeches, but that doesn't change the fact that unemployment remains above 8 percent and the national debt is too high.
He says the plan at this week's GOP convention is to tell the story of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney.
Tropical storm Isaac has forced planners to delay the start of the convention, but Preibus says all the speakers who were set to address delegates Monday will be absorbed into the schedule during the rest of the week.
Preibus made his comments on "CBS This Morning" and NBC's "Today" show.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthough year'
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses 11 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail 35 min ago
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 1 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach