Gabby Giffords to give pledge at Dem convention
WASHINGTON -- Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords will deliver the Pledge of Allegiance at the Democratic National Convention.
Giffords' office confirms she will deliver the pledge Thursday, the final night of the political gathering in Charlotte, N.C.
The Arizona Democrat was shot in 2011 by a gunman at an event in her district. She and 12 others survived. Six people died.
Giffords resigned from Congress earlier this year to focus on her recovery. She returned home to Arizona last month after intensive physical and speech therapy in Houston.
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths 32 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options 26 min ago
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 56 min ago
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course 11 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
41 min ago