Romney reports raising $111 million in August
BOSTON, MA -- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's campaign is reporting it raised $111 million in August to fund his challenge of President Barack Obama.
It's the third straight month the former Massachusetts governor has raised more than $100 million. The figure represents his best one-month fundraising total.
Obama, however, edged out Romney, raising $114 million toward his re-election campaign. However, Romney has socked away more money for the general election campaign.
Obama is reversing a three-month trend at the time he needs it most, having spent heavily over the summer on advertising in an attempt to keep Romney at bay.
Both candidates are claiming momentum coming out of their national conventions over the past two weeks.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star 34 min ago
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one 8 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 33 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 16 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident