Romney reports raising $111 million in August
BOSTON, MA -- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's campaign is reporting it raised $111 million in August to fund his challenge of President Barack Obama.
It's the third straight month the former Massachusetts governor has raised more than $100 million. The figure represents his best one-month fundraising total.
Obama, however, edged out Romney, raising $114 million toward his re-election campaign. However, Romney has socked away more money for the general election campaign.
Obama is reversing a three-month trend at the time he needs it most, having spent heavily over the summer on advertising in an attempt to keep Romney at bay.
Both candidates are claiming momentum coming out of their national conventions over the past two weeks.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown 12 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck 22 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290