Early voting begins for May 11 elections in Texas
AUSTIN, TX -- Texas voters have the chance to decide bond packages, choose mayors and elect other community leaders as part of municipal and county elections.
Early voting in person begins Monday for the May 11 elections. Citizens have until May 7 to vote early.
Voters in Austin will consider an $892 million bond proposal to improve schools.
El Paso voters will choose a new mayor. Mayor John Cook can't run again due to term limits. Eight candidates are running to replace Cook, who is finishing his second four-year term as El Paso's mayor.
Voters in New Braunfels will decide on an $86 million bond package that includes street and parks improvements, along with proposed drainage upgrades.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man in vehicle matching robbery call leads police on chase 9 min ago
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls 26 min ago
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- John Paul's legacy stained by sex abuse scandal
- Viral video to raise money for animals 33 min ago
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
6 min ago