1 vote -- the only vote -- decides school board race
LYTLE, TX -- A school board election for a South Texas district has been decided by one vote.
It was the only vote.
The San Antonio Express-News reports Christina Mercado has won her race as District 1 representative on the Lytle School District by collecting the only vote cast in Saturday's election for the open board seat.
The district about 25 miles southwest of San Antonio serves about 1,730 students on four campuses.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident