1 vote -- the only vote -- decides school board race
LYTLE, TX -- A school board election for a South Texas district has been decided by one vote.
It was the only vote.
The San Antonio Express-News reports Christina Mercado has won her race as District 1 representative on the Lytle School District by collecting the only vote cast in Saturday's election for the open board seat.
The district about 25 miles southwest of San Antonio serves about 1,730 students on four campuses.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks 30 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date 13 min ago
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes