Paul Bettencourt announces he's running for Texas Senate
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Former Harris County tax assessor Paul Bettencourt has announced he's making a run for State Senate, District 7, the position being vacated by Sen. Dan Patrick.
In a press release issued on Thursday, Bettencourt praised the job that Patrick's done, and continued by saying it's important that District 7's conservative voice continues.
"Dan Patrick has done an amazing job for the people of Texas and SD7," said Bettencourt in his release. "I am grateful for his years of service, and the conservative legislation that he has championed. "
Bettencourt is currently the CEO of Bettencourt Tax Advisors and lives in Houston. He and his wife have two children, and attend St. John Vianney Church.
Patrick is leaving the Senate to make a run for lieutenant governor.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty 57 min ago
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos