US Rep. Joaquin Castro of San Antonio marries
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro has gotten married.
The freshman Democrat from San Antonio said he and fiancee Anna Flores were married in a private ceremony on Saturday that was attended by family members.
He says, "Anna and I have had an eventful and very blessed year. We are excited to embark on our journey together as a family."
He and his twin brother, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, turned 39 on Sept. 16. The San Antonio Express-News reports that at the twins' birthday celebration, the congressman disclosed he and Flores were expecting their first child, a girl, in December.
Castro said the couple plans a Catholic ceremony next summer to celebrate with friends.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick 51 min ago
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school