US Rep. Joaquin Castro of San Antonio marries
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro has gotten married.
The freshman Democrat from San Antonio said he and fiancee Anna Flores were married in a private ceremony on Saturday that was attended by family members.
He says, "Anna and I have had an eventful and very blessed year. We are excited to embark on our journey together as a family."
He and his twin brother, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, turned 39 on Sept. 16. The San Antonio Express-News reports that at the twins' birthday celebration, the congressman disclosed he and Flores were expecting their first child, a girl, in December.
Castro said the couple plans a Catholic ceremony next summer to celebrate with friends.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 19 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 1 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 10 min ago
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death 15 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.