Dynamo trade Gray to Galaxy for forward Jacqua
The Los Angeles Galaxy acquired defender Kelly Gray and a 2008 second-round draft pick from the Houston Dynamo on Tuesday for forward Nate Jaqua.
"Kelly is a good, young and versatile player who is a proven winner in this league and will be able to step in straight away and help the club," Galaxy coach Frank Yallop said.
The 26-year-old Gray had one assist while appearing in nine of Houston's 14 games this season, starting four of the Dynamo's last five games. He played in 18 games last season, when Houston won the MLS Cup.
The 25-year-old Jaqua, acquired from Toronto FC in December, had one goal in 10 games for the Galaxy.
The Galaxy also announced that midfielder Kevin Harmse will be sidelined for at least three weeks because of a sprained left knee. Harmse, who turns 23 Wednesday, has one goal in six games in his first season with Los Angeles. He was injured in practice.
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 33 min ago
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston
- Search continues for clues in women's murders