Goodell fines Adams $250K for gesture
NASHVILLE, TN -- The NFL has fined Titans owner Bud Adams $250,000 for making an obscene gesture at Buffalo fans while celebrating Tennessee's 41-17 victory over the Bills.Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Adams of the fine Monday. League spokesman Greg Aiello said it is for conduct detrimental to the NFL. Adams was seen making the gesture while in his luxury suite and again on the field after Sunday's 41-17 victory.
The 86-year-old Adams issued an apology a couple of hours later, saying he got caught up in the excitement.
Goodell was at the game, after having breakfast with Adams. The league said that Goodell left Adams' suite at the end of the third quarter and spent the fourth quarter sitting with fans in the end zone before leaving the stadium.
WTVF-TV reports Adams flipped the middle finger on both hands from his luxury suite. The Tennessean newspaper reported Adams also was seen making the gesture again on the field after the game.
Adams said in a statement Monday that he got caught up in the excitement and said he will accept any league discipline for his actions.
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was at the game Sunday after having breakfast with Adams.
The league said Monday that Goodell left Adams' suite at the end of the third quarter and spent the fourth quarter sitting with fans in the end zone before leaving the stadium.
tennessee titans, sports
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 1 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects