Lakers' Artest falls down flight of stairs
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Los Angeles Lakers forward Ron Artest has injuries to his head and left elbow after falling at his home.The team says in a news release that Artest didn't travel with the Lakers to Saturday's game at Sacramento after tripping over a box and falling down a flight of stairs at his home on Christmas night.
He was treated at UCLA Medical Center, undergoing a CT scan and receiving stitches in the back of his head and his elbow.
He's expected to be examined by a neurologist later Saturday, when the Lakers will be able to estimate when Artest can rejoin the team.
Lakers coach Phil Jackson allowed his team to stay home on Christmas night after Los Angeles' 102-87 loss to Cleveland, flying to Sacramento on Saturday morning.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant