Owls' Rendon named National Player of the Year
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There was a big honor over at Rice for Owls third baseman Anthony Rendon.On Wednesday, he was named the College Player of the Year by Baseball America magazine. This season, Anthony hit .394 at Rice with 26 homers and 85 runs batted in.
Rendon and former big leaguer Robin Ventura are the only players named Freshman Player of the Year and then gone on to be National Player of the Year their sophomore year.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 59 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant 34 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 37 min ago