Chivas USA tops Dynamo 3-1 in US Open Cup quarters
Wednesday, July 07, 2010
HOUSTON -- Justin Braun scored twice to lead Chivas USA into the semifinals of US Open Cup with a 3-1 win over the Houston Dynamo on Tuesday night.Chivas will face the winner of Wednesday's game between the Seattle Sounders and Los Angeles Galaxy. Braun scored in the 5th minute when he took a Mariano Trujillo free kick from 40 yards out in the left side of the box and booted it in from six yards. He added another goal in the 90th minute, splitting the Houston defense and hitting a low liner into the left net from 14 yards out. Michael Lahoud also scored for Chivas in the 65th minute. Houston's Joseph Ngwenya cut the lead to 2-1 in the 86th minute before Braun's second score.
(Copyright ©2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
houston dynamo, mls, sports
- Do you know this fake cop rapist? 13 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels 45 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink 26 min ago
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Former detention officer charged with official oppresssion 9 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat