Favre won't address allegations after loss to Jets
NEW YORK -- Brett Favre stepped up to the podium after a discouraging loss to the New York Jets and spent about 20 minutes evading questions the same way he tried to avoid tacklers.The Minnesota Vikings quarterback was asked several times after Monday night's 29-20 loss to the New York Jets to discuss the NFL's investigation into allegations that he sent racy messages and lewd photos to a Jets game hostess in 2008.
Each time, the three-time MVP did not address the topic. He said he was disappointed his team lost the game and his only focus had been on trying to beat the Jets.
Asked if the allegations against him are true or false, a tight-lipped Favre said: "If you want to talk about what happened in the football game tonight, I'd love to."
new york, minnesota, sports
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 58 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today 13 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Consumer Reports Naught and Nice list
39 min ago