Favre won't address allegations after loss to Jets
NEW YORK -- Brett Favre stepped up to the podium after a discouraging loss to the New York Jets and spent about 20 minutes evading questions the same way he tried to avoid tacklers.The Minnesota Vikings quarterback was asked several times after Monday night's 29-20 loss to the New York Jets to discuss the NFL's investigation into allegations that he sent racy messages and lewd photos to a Jets game hostess in 2008.
Each time, the three-time MVP did not address the topic. He said he was disappointed his team lost the game and his only focus had been on trying to beat the Jets.
Asked if the allegations against him are true or false, a tight-lipped Favre said: "If you want to talk about what happened in the football game tonight, I'd love to."
new york, minnesota, sports
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident